A unique painting - only 1 available in the world.
Colour like no other... this painting will bring Japanese-inspired beauty into your home
A one-off hummingbird painting, hand-painted on canvas - there's only one available in the world.
- Perfect for brightening up your home. Hang it in your bedroom and wake up to its beauty, or put it in your home office to inspire you throughout the day.
- Free delivery. Buy with reassurance - get free 14 day free returns if the painting isn't perfect for your space.
- Hand-painted by acclaimed artist Sian Storey in her studio.
- The colours are dreamy – teal, sky blue, violet and fuschia are paired with eye-catching pinks. A gold pattern catches the light with a metallic effect, creating a warm illuminating shine. The painting is finished off with crisp white edges for a contemporary look.
- Sized 30 x 90 x 4.5cm it's a long narrow canvas - perfect for most spaces in your home.
- Signed by artist Sian Storey on the front and reverse.
- You’ll also receive a signed certificate of authenticity.
‘Kimono Forest’ is a beautiful original hummingbird painting by British artist Sian Storey, and part of an ongoing series of paintings inspired by the beauty of Japan.
A rectangular canvas sized at 30x90cm and 5cm depth, Sian used acrylic and spray paint to create this vibrant and beautiful painting. The harmonious colours of sky blue, teal blue and rich violet provide a backdrop to the luminous hummingbirds in flight, whilst the vivid and exotic blossoms burst out of the canvas.
There is a stunning gold pattern that weaves throughout this painting. It creates wonderful depth but also catches the light with a shimmering effect.
Look closely and you’ll also see origami paper from Japan pasted onto the painting.
The painting is signed by the artist Sian Storey on the front and reverse, and will be a stunning addition to your art collection.
Japan’s beauty is a constant source of inspiration for Sian. The title ‘Kimono Forest' refers to an installation in Kyoto of nearly 600 kimono gowns wrapped around poles. The kimono forest has been an inspiration for Sian since she first visited Japan in 2014.
How it was created
‘Kimono Forest' was painted in Sian Storey’s studio in leafy Hampshire during summer 2022. Sian paints in layers, giving the painting a sense of depth. Using acrylics and spray paint, you'll see detailed, delicate brushwork and beautiful mists of spray paint. Look closely and you'll see beautiful Japanese origami paper pasted onto the painting.
This painting, your walls
‘Kimono Forest' will bring serenity to any living space or bedroom thanks to its soothing blues, warm pinks and luxurious gold spray paint.
Due to the unique long, thin shape, this painting is well suited to a side wall, but works equally well hanging above a sofa or bed. Expect it to be a talking point in your home and a painting you’ll keep forever.
This painting comes ready to hang - you just to put need a strong nail in your wall.
Delivery and returns information
Good news. With Sian Storey, delivery is completely free (please note - if you're ordering from outside of the UK, your order may be subject to local import charges upon delivery which are outside our control)
The painting will be delivered fully tracked via courier, and securely packaged in layers of thick bubble wrap, foam edges and heavy duty cardboard.
The painting will be dispatched within 14 days, however Sian will always aim to send it sooner. Please add a note to your order if you require the painting sooner and she'll try her best.
And this will be reassuring to know - if the painting isn't quite right for your space, Sian will arrange a courier return free of charge, so you’re not out of pocket.
Any more questions about this painting?
Get in touch, Sian can help you choose the right piece of art. Contact her on firstname.lastname@example.org